The Allegheny Health Network (AHN), Psychiatry & Behavioral Health Institute is seeking a full-time, board-certified adult psychiatrist to ensure that the overall administration and operations of the Allegheny County Jail Health Care Services run efficiently and effectively while maintaining quality services within budget objectives. The incumbent candidate must balance the interests of safety and security, court and legal precedent, medical board requirements, standards of care, services fulfilled by public funding, and current research while providing administrative direction in healthcare policy and procedure. This position is expected to participate with healthcare administration in the evolution of behavioral health best practices in a correctional facility and support the revision of behavioral health policy, procedure, practices as a community partner for the local system of behavioral health care for a population with complex needs.
Job Duties including but not limited to:
- Supervise Behavioral Health physicians, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners at the Allegheny County Bureau of Corrections ensuring practitioners treat in accordance with evidenced based correctional medicine and correctional medicine standards.
- Serve as the final clinical judgment as the responsible mental health clinician in collaboration with the Director of Mental Health in the facility.
- Lead the behavioral health clinical team in an interdisciplinary manner of healthcare to incorporate a holistic wellness approach to patients including physical health, behavioral health, public health, and ancillary team members to serve an underserved and vulnerable population.
- At least three (3) years of experience in a health care environment AND one (1) year in a supervisory or administrative capacity. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- If not a Certified Correctional Health Professional by the National Commission of Correctional Medicine and/or member of the American College of Correctional Physicians or American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law at time of hire, must obtain certification within 6 months and maintain the certification for the duration of employ
- Must be board eligible/certified
- Licensed in the state of Pennsylvania prior to employment with a DEA and DEA-X Waiver
- DEA and CPR Certification required prior to employment
AHN Proudly Offers
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Paid Malpractice
- CME allowances
- Generous PTO Plan
- Additional benefits include, but not limited to: EAP, Employee Discounts, Gym Discounts & Mass Transit Benefits
Nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care, Allegheny Health Network is one of the largest healthcare systems serving Western PA, WV and Eastern OH – ten diverse hospitals, 250 health care facilities and growing!
Pittsburgh is a vibrant and exciting city, offering diverse culture, world-class arts and music, prestigious colleges and universities, proximity to state and local recreational parks and a nationally recognized culinary scene. Pittsburgh’s beautiful landscape, rivers and bridges, and affordable cost of living make it an attractive option for both individuals and families.
For a complete job description, email your CV and direct inquiries to:
Rachel Atchison - Manager Physician Recruitment, Allegheny Health Network