Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States.
Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County, located in the heart of Brooklyn, accommodate more than 518,076 outpatient visits, more than 141,328 emergency room visits, and with 627 beds, more than 25,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Medical Director for the Developmental Evaluation Clinic, the provider will:
- Provide clinical and administrative supervision to all Attending Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and allied health professionals in Outpatient Programs (AOPD, Transitional, Child, or Collaborative services)
- Policies and procedures regulating delivery of patient care on the service
- Coordination of care between disciplines and functioning of interdisciplinary treatment teams.
- Supervision and coordination of the relevant outpatient department
- Establishing, monitoring, and maintaining professional standards of work in collaboration with other disciplines coordination of a professional staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage at all times
- Monitoring workload and work assignments and effecting staff and program changes to ensure highest quality of patient care.
- Liaises with other departments like the CPEP, inpatient services, other community clinics and agencies, primary care, and substance use clinics to ensure comprehensive and quality patient care
- MD or D.O. from an accredited School of Medicine
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York
- Completion of residency training from an accredited program in Psychiatry
- Board Certification/eligibility in Adult Psychiatry
- Proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required prior to hire
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Columbia University academic appointment
- Clinical research opportunities
- Growth and leadership opportunities
- Flexible and equitable scheduling
- State of the art PACS with integrated EMR, Workflow Intelligence worklist, and concierge service for communication of critical values to referring providers.
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Jaquelyn Morales, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at [Register to View]
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V[Register to View]