Evolve Treatment Centers
Evolve is a leading California adolescent behavioral health services provider, specializing in mental health, substance abuse and dual-diagnosis treatment. Serving teens ages 12 to 17 exclusively across residential and outpatient levels of care, Evolve’s thoughtfully developed program is known for its team-based care model and integrated evidence-based practices. Evolve is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and by CARF.
Position Description: Adolescent Psychiatrist
Evolve provides an adolescent psychiatrist the opportunity to work at the top of their license. This new position will report to one of two Regional Medical Directors of Evolve Adolescent Psychiatry PC (EAP). The completed launch of EAP was part of a strategic initiative to more deeply align and dedicate psychiatry with the other clinical teams within Evolve. Established and owned by nationally recognized Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, Bradley Peterson, MD, EAP provides psychiatry to Evolve’s adolescent clients exclusively and works collaboratively with the entire multi-disciplinary team at Evolve Treatment Centers. In 2020, adolescent psychiatrists Shikha Verma, MD, and Melissa Vallas, MD, were appointed to the roles of Northern and Southern California Medical Director after a national search.
As an adolescent psychiatrist in California, this position will be an essential part of the professional team which includes licensed therapists, clinical psychologists, counselors and nurses all collaborating to execute an individualized and tailored treatment plan. Impressive staff ratios combined with an authentic culture of compassion and empathy creates a caring atmosphere for Evolve’s clients. For example, in the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) setting, a milieu is capped at 6 clients, with two full-time clinicians carrying a maximum of 3 clients each on their caseload, in addition each RTC has a team of 14 fulltime equivalent staff providing 24-hour support for the six clients.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, the growing organization currently manages 11 residential treatment centers and 5 outpatient treatment centers in Northern and Southern California. This is an exciting time for the organization as a substantial expansion of programming is in progress. To better meet national and regional needs, Evolve projects to substantially grow the number of RTCs over the next three years and will be selectively expanding residential and outpatient locations when there is a community need for these services.
For additional information on Evolve Treatment Centers, please visit https://evolvetreatment.com.
To view an example of an RTC, please visit [Register to View]
Requirements: Adolescent Psychiatrist
• Work at the top of your license with high complexity clients
• Full-time employed position
• Competitive guaranteed compensation and comprehensive benefits package
• Mentorship and clinical supervision from national leaders in child and adolescent psychiatry
• Join an elite clinical team with a dedicated practice manager
• Multidisciplinary approach delivering “best in class” programing and care
• Grow professionally with the organization alongside experienced administrative partners
• Access to effective and efficient telepsychiatry technology for remote capabilities
• Extensive state of the art training in substance abuse therapies and CTE opportunities
Candidate Qualifications Required
• Board certified / Board Eligible in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry required.
• Licensed in the State of California. (Currently licensed or in process will be prioritized)
• Willingness to develop additional skills and credentials as needed
Desired (or to be acquired) Skills and Competencies
• Credentials or intensive training in Dialectic Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
• Substance Abuse credentials include ASAM certification and Suboxone prescribing
• Entrepreneurial spirit with interest in growing programs highly desirable
• Leadership of a multidisciplinary care team
For additional information regarding this dynamic clinical opportunity, please contact:
Senior Search [Register to View]