Talkiatry is currently seeking Staff Psychiatrists to join our Maryland team of licensed providers as we expand into the market. With plans to open office space in the DC Metro area in 2022, providers will have the option to work 100% telehealth OR on-site.
Increasing access to high quality psychiatric care is why Talkiatry exists. We knew that to accomplish our mission we needed to begin by building the ideal practice for psychiatrists. Founded in April 2020, Talkiatry has been built from the ground up by psychiatrists. We have rapidly grown to a team of over 50 clinicians mostly comprised of board-certified Psychiatrists hailing from the top training programs across the region.
We encourage our physicians to take advantage of training and research opportunities at Talkiatry that are typically unavailable outside of large institutions. We also advocate for our psychiatrists to continue their hospital affiliations, research, and conference attendance to continue to practice psychiatry at the highest level. Practicing Psychiatrists and/or residents and fellows who are in or about to start their final year of training are encouraged to apply!
Feel free to contact our recruiting team directly at [Register to View] .
- Market-leading compensation. Competitive base salary coupled with productivity-based income. You retain a high percentage of your earnings; we pay at the top of the market.
- Comprehensive employee benefits packagedesigned specifically for high earning physicians, and we cover up to 100% of your healthcare costs, even for large families.
- Lighter administrative burdenand schedule flexibility. You can focus on providing great care, while maintaining control over your schedule. We will handle prior-authorizations, patient scheduling, billing, and various other support functions
- The efficiency of Talkiatry’s practice benefits you. Our single specialty focus, scale and technology allows for better reimbursement rates while maintaining lower practice expenses which enables us to pass the economic benefits to our psychiatrists.
- Custom developed technology driven solutions for psychiatry including an integrated EMR which supports provider-to-patient messaging, telemedicine, direct lab integration and proprietary tools to track and gain insight into your patients’ outcomes.
- Select a patient population according to your own criteria. Our patient intake process is robust and can be adjusted in real time to allow you to balance the acuity and diagnoses of the patient population you are treating.
- You decide what allotted time is appropriate for your patients. Spend a full hour on adult intakes and 30 minutes on medication management visits. Geriatric or child and adolescent intake are allotted 75 minutes and follow-up appointments have flexibility for 45 minutes.
- Strong in-house referral networkthat allows you to refer patients to specialists and therapists whose practice exclusively supports patients our psychiatrists are actively treating. Best of all, clinical information is shared seamlessly through our EMR.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance: Up to 100% of insurance costs
- 100% Employer paid malpractice coverage
- Competitive 401K match with immediate vesting
- PTO and paid holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- CME money & time!
- Flexible hours and patient criteria
- Few administrative burdens with full-time, on-site billing and scheduling services
- Location, Location, Location! Option for telehealth, in office, OR a combination!
- Licensing support- Our in-house licensing department will be happy to assist in managing this process for you, and we cover the costs up front!
- Technology package, including laptop, is provided
- Board eligible or certified in Psychiatry. Subspecialties strongly encouraged to apply.
- Active and unrestricted MD license to practice medicine and DEA number. We can assist in obtaining licensure as needed.
- Excellent clinical knowledge and communication skills.
- A willingness to learn new or streamlined EMR tools.
- A proactive approach with a strong work ethic and desire to participate in a collaborative environment.
- A commitment to high-quality, cost-effective health care.
Talkiatry is helmed clinically by Dr. Georgia Gaveras, a board-certified child, adolescent, and adult psychiatrist with an additional board-certification in addiction medicine.
At Talkiatry, that means our psychiatrists are in control of their practice. Our support staff focuses on removing administrative duties, enabling you to spend more of your time on patient care. It also means providing flexibility in where and when you practice medicine. Our psychiatrists can choose to see patients in-person at our beautifully custom-built offices or treat their patients using telepsychiatry. Our psychiatrists also enjoy control over their hours and schedule.
We provide in-network, outpatient treatment for children and adults with depression, anxiety, attention, and other disorders. Talkiatry does not provide intensive outpatient or partial hospitalization programs. We believe that solving the accessibility issues in mental health care begins with taking care of our doctors. We provide solutions to the challenges that psychiatrists are facing - from a lack of front and back-office infrastructure and support in private practice settings to being overworked and underpaid by hospitals, clinics, and other institutions. Talkiatry aims to bridge the current gap in outpatient psychiatry by providing high quality, respected medical care in a modern setting with modern tools.
Through proprietary technology developed by psychiatrists for psychiatrists, we empower you to treat the conditions and population you enjoy, building a practice you find both satisfying and intellectually challenging.
Talkiatry believes that psychiatric care should be affordable for patients and accepts all major insurance. As an integrated practice, we have a large in-house billing and patient care coordinator team that handles billing and administrative issues for our clinical staff.
To learn more, please visit us at [Register to View] /for-physicians.
At Talkiatry, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace and candidate experience. We strive to create an environment where everyone has a sense of belonging and purpose, and where we learn from the unique experiences of those around us.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.