Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx handle more than 156,000 outpatient visits, more than 50,000 emergency room visits and more than 7,500 admissions annually in the 232-bed facility. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with the James J. Peters VA Medical Center.
The Department of Psychiatry inpatient service has an opening for a medical hospitalist. We are seeking a Board Certified (or BE if within 5 years of graduation) Hospitalist with good clinical skills as well as supervisory and teaching experience. You will also enjoy a comfortable and cordial work environment, and receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package. This is a Monday -Friday, 40 hour per week position without any mandatory overtime.
The Hospitalist will have admitting privileges in the Department of Medicine and will serve as an important liaison between the two departments.
An academic appointment at Albert Einstein College of Medicine is offered.Responsibilities:
The hospitalist provides Medical assessments and treatment of the Psychiatric Inpatients at NCB. The hospitalist directs the medical team which includes Physician Assistants in providing direct medical care and participates in the interdisciplinary discussions regarding patient care and transition at discharge. The Hospitalist provides recommendations to the Psychiatric team regarding aftercare appointments. The Hospitalist also completes administrative work related to the patient care they provide.
Specific patient care tasks include the following:
- Performing history and physical examinations
- Screening all new admissions to inpatient psychiatry for medical problems and initiating or continuing treatment as appropriate.
- Ordering diagnostic tests, analyzing diagnostic tests and developing treatment plans
- Making referrals as necessary
- Working with a team of providers from multiple disciplines to provide the best care for inpatient psychiatry
- Counseling patients and families regarding medical conditions and healthy living
- Obtaining specialty consultation when needed
- Assisting in transferring patients to inpatient medical units when necessary
- Completing documentation regarding medical conditions for patients being discharged to the shelter system, Nursing Homes or Long-term facilities.
Teaching and Supervision:
The hospitalist has an active role in the teaching of the Physician Assistants, Medical students, PA students and nursing staff. This occurs regularly during daily rounds, but also at other times of the day on an ad hoc basis.
The Hospitalist is also responsible for supervision and evaluation of the Physician Assistants.
The Hospitalist also reviews documentation by the Physician Assistants and provides supervision in this area as well.
They will also provide didactic sessions and grand rounds on key medical topics.
- The Hospitalist additionally provides consultation to the Psychiatric Emergency Service, Consultation Liaison service and Partial Hospital Service regarding medically ill patients.
- The Hospitalist works closely with Consultation Liaison Psychiatry and the Internal Medicine Department to assess medical clearance prior to the transfer of patients to Inpatient Psychiatry.
- The Hospitalist is also Involved in Performance Improvement activities and Patient Safety initiatives.
- The Hospitalist collaborates with the Hospital based Code Team to ensure adequate mock drills on Behavioral Health services.
- NYS license
- BE/BC Internal Medicine
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
Please email your CV to Joe Mastov, Physician Recruiter, at [Register to View]
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V[Register to View]