A medical practice in New Jersey is actively seeking a compassionate and dedicated professional to join their staff as their new Psychiatrist. In this role, the Psychiatrist will be responsible for treating clients with substance use disorders, as well as general psychiatric disorders.
The Psychiatrist will:
- Provide psychiatric care, including admission evaluations, follow-ups, and urgent and emergent consultations to individuals for general psychiatry as well as substance use disorder specifically
- Provide consultation to non-prescribing mental health staff and medical staff about diagnosis, treatment, and/or the need for psychiatric medication
- Participate in team meetings with the treatment staff
- Regularly participate in the creation of individual treatment plans for patients, and review plans already in place
- Document all activities in the electronic medical record in a timely, concise and clear manner
- Provide clinical supervision as needed for psychiatric nurse practitioners and physician assistants
- Engage in weekly clinical supervision with psychiatric leadership
- Provide clinical supervision for Psychiatric trainees (resident or fellow) as needed, including appropriate direct supervision and documentation of evaluation and feedback
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Chief Medical Officer
- Doctorate degree
- Active New Jersey State license to practice Medicine, in good standing
- Completion of a 4-year accredited Psychiatric Residency program
- Board-certified or board eligible in Psychiatry by the ABPN
Your privacy is important to us. For consideration, please submit your CV in confidence and our recruiter will contact you to discuss job location and details before forwarding your CV to our client for an interview.