We're looking for an experienced outpatient and inpatient psychiatry locum to help provider coverage in IL!
If you like working with a larger team of over 20 physicians and APPS in this department, this is the position for you! Seeing only 12-14 patients per day, this will be an ideal pace and program for any locum tenens provider! Join our Level 1 trauma center and enjoy your next locum assignment with a young and energetic team!
Please review the information that follows!
Click APPLY NOW or contact Palm Health Resources if you're interested in applying!
- Board Certified MD/DO in General Psychiatry OR truly BE (less than 2 years out of training); BLS.
- Fellowship in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry is a plus.
- Active IL license or IMLC certification is preferred.
- PROOF OF COVID VACCINE IS REQUIRED TO WORK AT THE FACILITY (unless the provider has health issues or religious reasons for not being vaccinated)
Diagnostic evaluations and treatment/management recommendations to medical team, follow up evaluations; facilitate transfer of patients to inpatient psychiatric units as appropriate; coverage in ED and Med Surgery.
Patient Population Mix:
- Mostly Adult, but could have Peds, too
- Medicare/Medicaid/Commercial Insurance
Description of Support Staff:
- 2 Psych NPs
- RNs & scheduling support staff
- Full-time ongoing. Clinic is M-F 8a-5p
- Weeknight/weekend call is TBD as availability is reviewed.
- Ideal candidate would spend two weeks on the C-L Psychiatry Inpatient side and two weeks Outpatient.
Processing time for privilege application:
- 60-90 days for full privileges