Psychiatry Opportunity (Academics in Texas)
The Hospitals of Providence opened its new Transmountain Campus in El Paso, Texas on January 17, 2017.
The 106-bed teaching hospital is a collaboration between Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso and The Hospitals of Providence.
The facility is designed to serve the healthcare needs of El Paso and Southern New Mexico, while also providing a world-class training facility for up to 100 medical residents across a multi-year program.
The successful candidate in this position will be employed by TTUHSC El Paso at an academic rank commensurate with qualifications. The candidate will provide outpatient psychiatric care, supervise / teach residents and medical students from the school of medicine. The candidate will participate in committees, and/or scholarly activities within the Department, Medical School and University.
The position requires:
- M.D. / D.O.
- Licensed in Texas or eligible for medical licensure in the State of Texas
- Board certification Psychiatry by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- Successful completion of ACGME approved residency program in Psychiatry
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited geriatric psychiatry fellowship program
- Experience and demonstrated interest in teaching students and residents
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience in educational or departmental leadership
- Regional or emerging national reputation for the rank of Associate Professor or higher
About El Paso
El Paso has been ranked one of the “50 Safest Metro Cities in America 2017’ by the SafeWise Report. Nestled between the Franklin Mountains and the Rio Grande, city residents enjoy:
- 300 + days of sunshine a year
- Historic/cultural sites
- Biking, casinos, golf courses, shopping, fine dining, theatre, minor league baseball/soccer games
- International airport centrally located
- Affordable cost of living
- Area well known for the top ranked public and private schools
Experience the personally rewarding practice of medicine, in a city that is reborn.
Apply here [Register to View]
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.