Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals’ wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx our teams handle more than 156,000 outpatient visits, more than 50,000 emergency room visits and more than 7,500 admissions annually in the 232-bed facility. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with the James J. Peters VA Medical Center.Responsibilities:
The department of Psychiatry has 70 adult and geriatric acute inpatient beds, a partial hospital program, Psychiatric emergency and consultation-liaison services, an adult ambulatory practice, and a community-based assertive community treatment program. The department employs evidenced-based best practices in providing the highest quality care to its patients, in a patient-centered approach that is respectful of their individuality, culture, and community.
The inpatient service has an opening for an Attending Psychiatrist. We provide opportunities for leadership/ teaching/learning with an ideal mix of academics and clinical service. You will also enjoy a comfortable and cordial work environment, and receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package. There are opportunities for additional paid sessional work, but there is no mandatory on-call requirement.
Responsibilities will include:
- The staff Psychiatrist will have responsibility for clinical and educational activities on a 24-bed acute adult inpatient unit, including participation in a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Direct supervision of Psychologists, Social Workers, Psychiatric PA staff and Medical Students
- Participation in all activities related to clinical care and documentation of care, performance improvement, regulatory compliance, and student supervision, education & training
- Participate in our innovative integrative care activities
- Eligible for license in the state of NY
- ABMS Board Certified or Board eligible
- Graduated from ACGME or AOA approved training program
- Completion of an approved Psychiatry residency program
- 2 years of satisfactory full-time paid clinical experience in psychiatric practice.
- Superior clinical, Diagnostic, interpersonal/communication and team-building skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
You will receive:
- A very competitive salary
- An excellent benefits package
- An Academic Appointment at AECOM
- Opportunities for Departmental Representation via hospital committee work
- Opportunities for Leadership Education
- Opportunities for Research