Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
(Archived) Inpatient Psychiatrist - Psychiatry Nurse Practitioner
Lincoln Medical & Mental Health Center, located just 15 minutes from NYC, is an acute care teaching hospital academically affiliated with Weill-Cornell Medical College. Dedicated to providing high quality patient care to a diverse community, Lincoln Hospital is a NYS designated Level I Trauma and Stroke Center and has Centers of Excellence in all medical specialties including its awarding winning Cancer and Breast Centers. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Lincoln Medical & Mental Health Center is currently accepting applications and referrals for the position of full-time Attending Psychiatrist in their Adult Inpatient Unit.
•Provision of Direct Clinical Care to patients in on of our 30 bed adult inpatient psychiatric units
•Supervision of residents, students, social workers, nurses and other clinicians involved in the clinical care of patients
•Completing comprehensive and ongoing mental health assessments, formulating treatment plans, initiating treatment, & managing psychiatric and medical issues of all patients
•Providing sound judgment with regard to disposition planning
•Conducting morning team rounds and providing clinical teaching
•Overseeing patient flow issues, managing team data and participating in departmental and unit meetings as delineated by the Chief of Psychiatry and Inpatient Unit Chief
•Conducting clinical case reviews where needed
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Master’s Degree in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
- Licensed to practice as a NYS Nurse Practitioner with Certification as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest and clinical experience in treating victims of trauma and/or Domestic Violence.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team setting.
- Familiarity with high-risk patients and cultural sensitivity in community settings.
- Clinical and/or services research experience preferred.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred. Other languages a plus.
We offer competitive salaries and outstanding benefits!
If you would like to be considered for this position please apply today!
MEDPATH provides in-house recruitment services for both clinical & non-clinical healthcare organizations. We manage your entire staffing function or can work as an extension of an existing department when extra HORSEPOWER is needed!
We provide full recruitment services from candidate sourcing & screening, site visit management, contract negotiation, relocation coordination, candidate...