About Corizon Health
Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It’s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health, you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. As a Corizon Health professional, you have access to the resources and support to enhance your skills, build a solid foundation to reach your career potential, and contribute to the care and well-being of an underserved population. There is no greater calling. Join Corizon Health today and be part of our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Psychiatrist to work 32-hours per week at the Woodland Correctional Facility located in Whitmore Lake, MI. This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Here are the responsibilities:
- Provide onsite psychiatric assessment, diagnosis, and treatment for inmates referred by medical or/and clinical services staff. Provide written summaries of history, diagnosis and treatment course.
- Where applicable, provide psychiatric services for inpatients, assessment and diagnosis, staffing treatment planning, and regular review of all inmates assigned. Where applicable, provide psychiatric services for all inmates referred to Healthcare Unit for those inmates in the general population who need regular psychiatric/mental health follow up. Where applicable, provide psychiatric services for those inmates who need to be transferred to Mental Health facilities. Services to include work up and any court hearing testimony needed.
- Where applicable, act as regular psychiatrist and participate in the treatment programming and planning for the Mental Health Unit, duties include regular staffing and contact with Mental Health Unit staff and supervisor, discussion of problem cases, follow up and monitoring of medication, and general psychiatric input.
- Provide medication management to all inmates admitted to the Mental Health Unit. Provide individual and/or group therapy as appropriate.
- Approve all admissions and discharges into the Mental Health Unit. Approve, sign and monitor the implementation and efficiency of treatment plans.
- Provide in-service education to the Mental Health Unit staff as needed.
- Be available on a scheduled basis for the on-call needs of the Mental Health Unit.
- Participate in Treatment Audit Committee.
Corizon Benefits (only applicable for full-time positions)
Corizon Health offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, a generous PTO plan, 401k with matching funds, tuition assistance, continuing education reimbursement, and more!
Experience & Requirements
- Must be a graduate of medical school and have completed an appropriate psychiatric residency.
- Corrections experience preferred.
- Must be licensed to practice in the applicable state and certified by the Office of Mental Health to provide psychiatric services in a licensed inpatient unit. Current DEA number will need to be provided.
A background check, security clearance and drug screening are required for this role.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Job Locations US-MI-Whitmore Lake
Category Behavioral/Mental Health
Position Type Regular Full-time
Shift / Schedule Weekday Day
Location ID 93058