This job is archived
- Will accommodate all schedules
- Inpatient adult males only
- Hours: 8am-4pm, 7 days a week
- Duties: meet with mentally ill patients for crisis interventions and face-to-face interviews, mental health evaluations, suicide risk evaluations
- Will serve periodically as psychiatrist of the day and be on-call for emergencies and follow-ups
- Must be comfortable meeting with mentally ill patients/inmates.
- Meet with mentally ill patients for crisis interventions, face to face interviews, etc. Must be able to provide face to face interviews at cell fronts in inmate housing units. In some institutions, multi-tiered housing units may require the ability to climb stairs and walk long distances.
- Conduct initial mental health evaluations including criminal, psychiatric and substance abuse case history to assess inmates/wards current needs and make treatment recommendations in the initial evaluation.
- Conduct clinically sound suicide risk evaluations including clinical reviews, applying suicide risk assessment protocols, pertinent data/chart reviews, proper documentation and consultations as needed;
- Adhere to all procedures of the prison unit to assure patients have the treatment they need and consult with other physicians to ensure proper care is given, give proper documentation and be able to look at past documentation on patients.