We are hiring both inpatient and outpatient psychiatrist for 2 programs in Maryland!
These are both locum or locum to perm only positions! Immediate start dates!
We offer paid malpractice, travel, lodging, rental care and mileage paid!
- Rounds daily M-F on the inpatient acute unit (approximately 9-10 patients)
- Provides stabilization and medication management to the patient
- Participates in family and discharge planning meetings as available and clinically relevant
- Provides approximately 10 hours of psychiatric time to the adult partial hospitalization program weekly
- Provides medical floor and emergency department consultation as scheduled on the call rotation calendar (typically 1 week-end a month and 2 week days per week)
- Provides supportive therapy and psycho-education to the patient population
- Coordinates with the patient’s multi-disciplinary treatment team, to include but no limited to, psychiatric pharmacist, social worker, music and recreation therapist, RN, psychiatric technician and primary care physicians/referring parties
- Identifies and provides referrals to specialized services, such as psychological testing and substance abuse treatment
- Participates in treatment team meetings to coordinate patient care
- Adheres to the service line’s policies regarding treatment protocols, documentation and productivity targets
- Assesses and intervenes in domestic violence, elder abuse and child abuse situations
- Provides oversight and supervision to psychiatric nurse practitioners
- Attends monthly Department of Psychiatry meeting