***Consultation & Inpatient Psychiatry Opening in Beverly, MA***
22m from Boston
Medical Center Vision:
A vibrant and growing health care system, recognized as a trailblazer in medicine and a standard bearer in patient experience. It includes an award-winning academic medical center, a superb constellation of community hospitals, home care services, rehabilitation facilities and more.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent in a market long recognized and revered as a global leader in health. With a team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits. We adhere to the principles of a just and fair work environment for all colleagues, where respect is foundational and performance is rewarded.
About the Job:
-Performs psychiatric consultations to patients in the medical/surgical units when requested. Consultations will be documented in approved format, and will routinely include verbal communication with the requesting physician or designee as well.
-Assumes responsibility for the clinical management of assigned patients. Collaborates with nurse manager, allied disciplines, and patients outpatient network to ensure that safe, therapeutic and effective treatment is provided.
-Is expected to lead, work collaboratively, and to provide appropriate clinical direction and support to the multidisciplinary treatment team to enhance the smooth delivery of patient care.
-Orders tests and procedures in a clinically sound and cost-effective manner using good judgment.
-Is expected to provide clinical and psychopharmacology supervision to Clinical Nurse Specialists when assigned by Medical Director.
1. Is expected to support the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Must have a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers.
3. Should be flexible in work assignments and schedule.
4. Consistently demonstrates the ability to adapt to changes in the workplace.
5. Responsible for developing and participating in clinical unit meetings that will have a positive impact on patient care.
6. Has the leadership skill and style to facilitate multidisciplinary treatment team meetings with the main objective being the successful treatment and management of patient care. Able to demonstrate leadership in regards to case formulation and treatment planning.
7. Expected to attend all administrative meetings that support the mission of the medical division.
8. Review all assigned patient care incidents and restraint and seclusion incidents for appropriateness.
9. Responsible for participating in all meetings so that quality patient care and staff education is a department focus.
10. Works within and supports administrative guidelines; any disagreements in this regard are handled constructively.
11. Utilizes supervision in a positive and thoughtful manner so that professional improvement and development is enhanced
12. Is expected to be a role model for other hospital staff.
13. Has a clear understanding of hospital policies and protocols, practices within those policies and protocols, and enforces such when appropriate.
14. Is expected to participate in any ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
15. Has understanding of regulatory agencies expectations and guidelines (i.e. DMH, DPH, JCAHO, payors, [Register to View]
expected to follow such guidelines
16. Regularly shares information and clinical impressions of patients with treatment team in order to facilitate understanding and enhance problem-solving within the treatment team.
17. Consistently documents patient care, treatment planning, discharge summaries in a timely fashion.
18. Is expected to work with Utilization Review Nurse regarding approval of benefits and length of stay issues.
19. Ability to identify areas of medical legal risk and maintains patients rights.
20. Is expected to identify clinical or management issues and communicate problem situations to supervising physician.
21. Maintains yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR, Risk Management and Aggression Management.
22. Willing to perform other duties not documented in the job description.
Educational and Professional:
a. Graduate from an accredited school of medicine
b. Current professional registration in Massachusetts.
c. Board certification (or eligibility) in psychiatry and/or substance abuse treatment.
d. Theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area.
e. Previous leadership experience or demonstrated leadership skills
f. Represents the organization positively
Comprehensive psychiatric evaluation including biopsychosocial formulation
Management of daily patient care, including:
a. somatic treatments
b. psychosocial treatments
c. monitoring medical status including lab results
d. drug and alcohol withdrawal
4. De-escalation/Restraint Management