Contractor shall provide the following service(s) to consumers of the Facility:
Physician is responsible for the delivery of quality psychiatric/medical treatment to patients with mental illness, under the supervision of the Medical Director.
- Graduation from an accredited school of medicine and license to practice in the State of Texas.
- At least three (3) years residency training in psychiatry.
- Board certification by or current eligibility to sit for the examination of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or American Osteopathic Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice medicine in Texas.
- Current, unrestricted DEA certificate (approved for all drug schedules)
- Must submit to HHSC required drug test
- Must submit to HHSC required fingerprinting
- Must complete facility and HHSC required training
- Psychiatry assessment includes accurate history taking, psychiatric evaluation, mental status examination, suicide risk assessment, and direct patient observation leading to the establishment of a diagnosis. Psychiatric treatment includes the development of a bio psychosocial understanding of the patient’s illness, pharmacotherapy, and responsibility for the formulation and implementation of a treatment plan.
- Documentation in patient’s medical record is clear, concise, and identifies target symptoms. Frequency of documentation is appropriate to level of care patient required and addresses referrals as appropriate. Compliance with HHSC and facility documentation timeframe requirements.
- Must be very proficient in electronic medical record documentation in a fast-paced environment.
- Provides and monitors facility Standard Operating Procedures to meet standards for compliance with accrediting agencies; specifically, Joint Commission guidelines, CMS Standards, TSH Policy and Directives and HHSC Standards, Rules and Directives.
- Physician will work 4 ten-hour days (Mon-Thurs 7am-6pm). OR 4 nine-hour days (Mon-Thurs 8am-6pm)
- No holiday, after-hour or weekend shifts required
- Evaluating an average of 5-7 patients per day in Admissions Department