Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Psychiatrist Opportunity in Indianapolis, Indiana
Health network is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible General Psychiatrist to meet the growing demand for psychiatric services on the south side of Indianapolis. This is an outpatient position focused on medication management. The practice offers a full complement of outpatient behavioral health services. With the exception of Consult Liaison services, the practice does not have inpatient behavioral health services. The focus of this position is on outpatient services with commitment to back up Consult Liaison services.
The ideal candidate will have a strong focus on clinical excellence and patient satisfaction. Candidate will display exceptional interpersonal skills and desire to develop strong ties with the community and build long-lasting relationships with patients. Physician will need to work collaboratively with existing medical staff to coordinate and deliver the highest quality of patient care.
- Schedule: M-F, 8AM 5PM
- Average volume: 20 - 22 patients per day
- Call expectation of 1:6 for weekday, weekend and holiday
Common Diagnoses & Procedures:
- Major Depressive Disorders
- Anxiety/Panic Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Psychiatric Diagnostic Evaluation
- Pharmacologic Management
Health network strives to create a flexible and realistic work-life balance for our providers. Opportunities are offered with benefits, which could include:
- Competitive compensation, including income guarantee, with bonus incentives
- Generous recruitment bonus program including relocation allowance; commencement and retention packages
- Paid malpractice
- 27 days of Allowed Time Off; plus five additional paid days for CME with annual stipend
- Full benefits package, including health, life, dental, vision and legal insurance
- Retirement options, including 403(b), 457(b), 401(a)
- Short- and Long-Term Own Occupation Disability
- Customized marketing support
- Leadership development through board and committee opportunities
Health network is one of the largest Catholic health care systems in the Midwest and has a number of nationally recognized Centers of Health Care Excellence.
The AMA has designated Indiana as one of the nations top physician friendly states due to its favorable malpractice status. Lafayette, Indiana is a desirable community in which to live and work. The region is the home of Purdue University, Purdue Research Park and many multi-national companies which contribute to a strong, local economy. Offerings include highly-ranked public and private schools and diverse cultural and sporting activities.
Area attractions include:
- Art Museum of Greater Lafayette
- Civic Theater of Greater Lafayette
- Imagination Station (interactive exhibit area for children)
- Lafayette Ballet Company
- Lafayette Symphony
- Multitude of culturally diverse dining options
Local industries with strong economic and global ties include:
- Purdue University
- Subaru of Indiana Automotive
- Wabash National
- Caterpillar Inc.
- Alcoa/Lafayette Operations
- General Electric