This job is archived
Psychiatrist job in Dayton, Ohio.
The Psychiatrist job is within the extensive military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Holidays off
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
- Assess, evaluate, consult, differential diagnose, and plan treatment for all disorders defined by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders published by the American Psychiatric Association such as:
a. Cognitive impairment disorders
b. Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders
c. Mood disorders
d. Anxiety disorders
e. Combat stress reactions
f. Somatoform disorders
g. Psychological or behavioral factors affecting a non-psychiatric medical condition
h. Dissociative disorders
i. Factitious disorders
j. Sexual disorders
k. Gender identity disorders
l. Eating disorders
m. Sleep disorders
n. Impulse control disorders not elsewhere classified
o. Adjustment disorders
p. Personality disorders
q. Disorders usually first diagnosed in infancy, childhood, or adolescence (mental retardation, learning disorders, tics, etc.)
r. Other clinically significant problems that may be a focus of diagnosis and treatment (movement disorders, relationship problems, bereavement, etc.)
- Provide diagnostic and therapeutic procedures such as:
a. Clinical interviewing
b. Psychosocial history taking
c. Mental status examination
d. Physical examination
e. Neurological examination
f. Interpretation of psychological testing results
g. Clinical case formulations
h. Interpretation of radiological testing
i. Interpretation of laboratory testing
- Provide major types of psychotherapy including:
a. Individual therapy
b. Group therapy
c. Marital therapy
d. Short-term therapy
e. Family therapy
f. Psychodynamic therapy
g. Behavior therapy
h. Crisis intervention
i. Community outreach (health promotion, command consultation)
k. Drug and alcohol detoxification
l. Medical, drug and alcohol rehabilitation
m. Evaluations for suitability and fitness for duty
n. Evaluations for special military programs (Personnel Reliability Program, weapons, etc.)
o. Incapacitation determinations
p. NCM Article 706 boards (sanity boards)
- Provide a full range of physician services.
- Prescribe and dispense medications as delineated by the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee.
- Technically guide, perform, or assist in the instruction of other health care professionals seeing patients within the scope of their clinical privileges or responsibilities.
Psychiatrist Position Qualifications:
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine from an accredited college approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association
- Doctorate Degree in Osteopathy from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic Association
- Permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates
- Residency Program in Psychiatry - successful completion. Approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or the Committee on Postdoctoral Training of the American Osteopathic Association or those Canadian training programs approved by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or other appropriate Canadian medical authority.
- Board Certification: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology or the AOA
- BLS by AHA
- Licensure: current, valid, unrestricted license. Any U.S. jurisdiction
- At least three (3) years of experience within the last four (4) years as a full-time psychiatrist
- Graduation from a psychiatry residency program within the preceding twelve (12) months.
Position contingent upon contract award for a Spring start date. Incumbents hightly encouraged to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!