Psychiatrist job in Honolulu, Hawaii.
The Psychiatrist job is within the extensive military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Holidays off
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Employment Package
- Examines, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats psychiatric disorders.
- Prepares and reviews case histories and obtains and evaluates data through interview techniques.
- Diagnoses psychiatric disorders.
- Prescribes and evaluates effectiveness of a wide range of therapeutic measures.
- Recommends disposition of psychiatric cases
- Advises on problems related to mental health and prevention of mental disorders
- Serves as medical and psychiatric consultant to clinical psychologists and clinical social workers.
- Advises on kind and quantity of psychiatric supplies and equipment.
- Coordinates psychiatric services with other medical activities.
- Instructs interns and residents in psychiatric principles and procedures.
Psychiatrist Position Qualifications:
- MD or DO
- Residency Program in Psychiatry - successful completion. Approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education or the Committee on Postdoctoral Training of the American Osteopathic Association or those Canadian training programs approved by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or other appropriate Canadian medical authority.
- Board Certification: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology
- BLS by AHA
- Licensure: current, valid, unrestricted. Any U.S. jurisdiction
- Demonstrated clinical competency
- Working knowledge TJC, AAAHC, and HIPAA
- Computer competency (Microsoft applications, Outlook, operations, et al)
Position contingent upon contract award for a Spring start date. Incumbents hightly encouraged to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!