Location: New York, NY
Occupational Category: Physician
Description: Hiring a Psychiatrist for a network of Federally Qualified Health Centers, whose mission is to deliver high quality care to patients of all ages and abilities, including those with chronic health conditions, in culturally sensitive environments, without discrimination or regard to ability to pay. The Psychiatrist will develop and implement treatment plans, including prescription of psychotropic medications; and monitoring and evaluating treatment results.
- Conducts initial assessments to include review of intake material, psychiatric history, and psychiatric evaluation in the traditional clinical medical manner. Psychiatric diagnosis and recommendations are made and conveyed to the patient and caregiver.
- Develops treatment plans in collaboration with the patient and caregiver by determining nature and extent of cognitive, emotional, developmental, social, and behavioral disorders; establishing treatment goals and methodologies.
- Treats patients by utilizing psychotherapeutic methods and medications; discussing progress toward goals with patients and/ or caregivers; providing instructions; monitoring effect of medications
- Maintains records by documenting symptoms, medications, and treatment events; writing summaries in the electronic medical records.
- Involved in interdisciplinary treatment by reviewing treatment plans and progress; consulting and collaborating with primary care physicians, mental health therapists, nurses, and other health care providers.
- Involved with all quality initiatives including peer reviews and attendance at provider meetings.
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility in Psychiatry
- Holds a Medical Degree (MD) from a recognized medical school
- Current license and register as a psychiatrist with the New York State Education Department
- Fluency in Spanish a plus