Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Correctional Psychiatrist (H94352)
Texas Tech Health Sciences Center Managed Care
Delivers psychological services in a prison unit. Work involves providing care to psychiatric patients including assessment of patients' psychological needs, formation of treatment plans and conducting therapy with groups or individuals. Is jointly responsible with the psychiatrist for providing medical management and supervision, and for planning and direction all psychiatric clinic services on that unit. provides clinical supervision to all levels of Mental Health Clinicians and other psychiatric service staff.
- Communication: Communicates respectfully with team members and supervisor in a timely manner utilizing direct, complete, and adequate information. Communicates with outside social service and government agencies in a professional manner, upholding and adhering to privacy standards on behalf of the patients. Communicates effectively and productively with patients' family members as needed and permitted based on current policies. When problems arise they are addressed directly with the person(s) involved or speaks with their supervisor exclusively. Receives and is open to constructive feedback. Seeks feedback from others to improve clinical practice and safety.
- Treatment Team: Dependability - on time for treatment team, arranges coverage, notifies team members of absences. Scheduling - Patient's ITP's are reviewed based on timeframes stipulated in current policies and pertaining to release planning. Contribution- reports relevant information regarding O/P’s symptoms in context of the current DSM to corroborate diagnoses of record and current level of functioning so treatment teams can adjust treatment plans accordingly. Coordination-assists in the interviewing of O/P’s and other staff members using professional and assertive verbal/non-verbal communication. Preparedness-arrives with necessary materials to complete Individualized Treatment Plans and special staffing notes.
- Monitoring and Assessment (Psychosocial Evaluation): Staff member monitors each offender patient prior to a tx team review. Required documentation is noted in the medical record. Meets standards for quality, quantity, time frames as set by supervisor and team. Staff member conducts a patient interview on or before the 10th work day after the date of admission. The psychosocial evaluation and all corresponding documentation are completed per policy/supervisory directive. Adheres to clinical and security procedures when monitoring patients and conducting psychosocial evaluations.
- Case Management Tasks: Responds to I-60's in accordance to existing policies. Responds to family calls per policy and using required forms. Documents family calls in the medical record. Completes release planning tasks including necessary communication and paperwork in a timely manner and according to policy and procedure. Manages treatment team referrals in timely and appropriate manner. Manages referrals to specialized programs in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of therapeutic approach and creates and maintains positive therapeutic environment. Maintains professional, therapeutic boundaries. Adheres to established guidelines for individual and group demographics. Adheres to established guidelines for individual, psycho- educational and psychotherapeutic groups.
- Crisis Management: Evaluate for appropriateness for potential inpatient services and either refer to Diagnostic and Evaluation or discharge back to unit of assignment. May include crisis counseling and/or assessment of potential harm to self or others.
|As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) is a nationally recognized leader in correctional health care, providing health coverage for more than 32,000 state offenders in West Texas.
In 1989, TTUHSC began providing health services for offenders housed in Texas Department of Criminal Justice correctional facilities.
Our high standard of service is evidenced by the fact that all...