Psychiatrists needed in a variety of settings for stable, growing organization in Fairfield County, CT:
The organization is currently expanding outpatient and inpatient behavioral health services. The organization provides adult geriatric and addiction services in both as well as child/adolescent services in both outpatient, partial and inpatient settings. Both part-time and full-time positions available within the Department of Psychiatry:
OUTPATIENT C/A: Part-time (20 hours) or full-time positions (40 hours) available for C/A Psychiatrists. Provide outpatient services and coordinate follow up care with social work/case management team. Intakes/new patient assessments are generally 45-60 minutes and follow ups are 20-30 minutes. Case load averages 7-10 patients per day, busy day with many follow ups could be 12.
INPATIENT: admitting and rounding on patients to the 15+ bed inpatient unit, these patient have the highest acuity and require stabilization, med management and therapy.
ADDICTION/DUAL DIAGNOSIS: focus on treating patients who experience both mental illness and a potential substance abuse disorder. This is primarily an inpatient/treatment/discharge position and once stabilized, patients are referred to outpatient service for routine follow up care/private physicians. Experience with detox/addiction medicine.
CONSULT SERVICES: This Psychiatrist will provide part-time or full-time Consult/Liaison services within the Emergency Room and the Medical Floors at the main hospital campus. Evaluate incoming patients for potential Psych conditions/possible admission/discharge/referral.
MOONLIGHTING/PER DIEM: Psychiatrists needed to provide in-house night, weekend and holiday coverage.
- All positions have a strong support team including counselors, social workers, case management, and day-time admitting team and night-shift moonlights so attending can focus on patient care. There is 24/7 consult service available for medical services. This is an academically-affiliated medical center, academic appointment is available (this positions do not include specific precepting/faculty responsibilities.
- Opportunities for leadership may be available for the right individuals/department setting.
- Employed position with competitive compensation plan and benefits (health, dental, vision, disability), retirement plan (403b w/ match), expenses for license/dues/CME, generous PTO plan, paid medical malpractice including tail coverage.
- CT State license, DEA, CSR (active or applied preferred, but not required)
- Residency training in General Psychiatry
- Fellowship training in Child/Adolescent Psychiatry, Addiction Psychiatry, Consult Liaison can all be utilized
- New graduates completing training in the next 12 months encouraged to apply