This job is archived
- Complete a structured clinical interview on all new patients.
- Documents all patient care in electronic medical record and closes electronic medical record encounters within 48 hours.
- Provides diagnostic interviews, medication management, medication reviews, and therapy to patients.
- Provides consultation to primary care providers.
- Provides supervision and guidance to psychosocial staff.
- Provides comprehensive psychiatric care.
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings, weekly team meetings and weekly case conference meetings as requested or required.
- Facilitates ongoing chart reviews to ensure quality indicators are met
- Assists with quality assurance activities for the program, department, and agency
- Maintains professional competence through participation in continuing education and other appropriate learning experiences.
- Conducts educational sessions for mental health clinicians, social services staff, outside agencies and primary care providers.
- Board Certified or Eligible in Psychiatry
- MD or DO Academic Degree
- NYS Medical License
- NYS Registration Certificate, Current
- Experience and interest in working with developmental disabilities in children and adults
- Demonstrated experience with various age groups in a healthcare setting, preferred
Demonstrated research experience, preferred