This job is archived
- Full-time or part-time (Mon-Fri, 8am-4pm)
- 100% inpatient correctional facility
- See 12-16 patients per day
- Medical doctors on staff along with other psychiatrists
- Will have guard and protective gear
- Serve periodically as psychiatrist-of-the-day for on-call/call back during weekend and off-hours for patient emergencies, Mental Health Crisis Beds follow-up, and 5-day follow-ups;
- Must be comfortable meeting with mentally ill patients/inmates.
- Meet with mentally ill patients for crisis interventions, face to face interviews, etc. Must be able to provide face to face interviews at cell fronts in inmate housing units. In some institutions, multi-tiered housing units may require the ability to climb stairs and walk long distances.
- Conduct initial mental health evaluations including criminal, psychiatric and substance abuse case history to assess inmates/wards current needs and make treatment recommendations in the initial evaluation.
- Conduct clinically sound suicide risk evaluations including clinical reviews, applying suicide risk assessment protocols, pertinent data/chart reviews, proper documentation and consultations as needed;
- Adhere to all procedures of the prison unit to assure patients have the treatment they need and consult with other physicians to ensure proper care is given, give proper documentation and be able to look at past documentation on patients.
- Psychiatrist, Senior Psychiatrist or designee;
- Instruct health care providers, and staff assigned for special training on the principles and practices of psychiatry.