This job is archived
- Mon-Fri 7a-3p,
- 100% inpatient correctional facility
- 12-16 patients per day
- There are medical doctors on staff along with other Psychiatrists.
- The doctor will have a guard with them for Psych evals along with protective gear.
- On-call during off-hours and weekends for emergency calls/callbacks (Mental Health Crisis Beds follow up, and 5-day follow ups)
- Must be comfortable meeting with mentally ill patients/inmates.
- Meet with mentally ill patients for crisis interventions, face-to-face interviews, etc. Must be able to provide face-to-face interviews at cell fronts in inmate housing units.
- Conduct initial mental health evaluations for criminal, psychiatric and substance abuse case history to assess inmates/wards current needs and make treatment recommendations in the initial evaluation.
- Conduct clinically sound suicide risk evaluations including clinical reviews, applying suicide risk assessment protocols, pertinent data/chart reviews, proper documentation and consultations as needed;
- Adhere to all procedures of the prison unit to assure patients have the treatment they need and consult with other physicians to ensure proper care is given, give proper documentation and be able to look at past documentation on patients.
- Instruct health care providers, and staff assigned for special training on the principles and practices of psychiatry.