Psychiatrist (SA197371) St Lucie, Fl
This Regional Medical Center is seeking a board certified/board eligible Psychiatrist for their Hospital Employed practice located along the Treasure Coast of Florida. This will be an inpatient and outpatient opportunity. Our team of Psychiatrists covers a 22-bed inpatient unit. We have an outpatient office across the street from the hospital. Below is information regarding the positions:
• The Outpatient practice office provides private office visits with a Psychiatrist for Psychiatric evaluations, Medication management and Individual therapy. In addition, the Outpatient practice offers Individual and Family Therapy with a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Outpatient practice office hours are M-F from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• The Psychiatrists take call for 7 days in a row, including his/her weekend. The 4th week is covered by a community physician who is contracted.
• Daily Inpatient coverage requires 2 FT to complete pt. rounding, provide consultations for the medical departments, complete 1st and 2nd opinions, and also, as needed, cover court hearings as delegated by the Medical Director. (Medical Director will only delegate court to other Psychiatrist during times of illness, vacation, emergencies)
• We have opened an IOP-Intensive Outpatient Program; 3 evenings / week M, W, Th. from 5 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. There is an opportunity for one of the FT Psychiatrists to be appointed as the Medical Director for this program. The IOP Medical Director will provide a minimum of 10 hrs/month for IOP oversight and supervision, in addition to conducting initial Psychiatric assessments, and bi-weekly visits, and orders for admissions/discharges.
• The average number of consults/day is 5.
• The average Inpatient census is 17, so no more than 7-8 patients per psychiatrist.
• We are seeking Senior/Adult/Adolescent Psychiatrists; Board Certified. We're planning to open an Adolescent Unit in 2016.
• We are seeking a Psychiatrist who will provide ECT in partnership with our Inpatient Medical Director. When the Adolescent Unit opens, we will need to appoint a Medical Director to that unit.
• Competitive Salary, benefits, WRVU bonus, relocation allowance and Medical Malpractice offered
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a suburban location with access to two major cities; Orlando and West Palm Beach (45 minutes south) and minutes from the Atlantic coast. Also, you will have close proximity to beautiful Lake Okeechobee, the largest lake in the US with the exception of the great lakes. Low cost of living, good earning potential. In 2013 the State of Florida estimated Port St. Lucie 's population at 171,016. Affordable housing and a great quality of life is waiting for you in St Lucie County. The State of Florida offers its residents a great quality of life with NO STATE INCOME TAX.