Psychiatrist physician - Non-Profit Health Clinic sd, ca CHSr
Physician – Psychiatrist
- Monday to Friday
- 8:00am to 5:00pm
- No Nights, Weekends, or On-Call
- $200,000 Base Salary
- Malpractice w/ Tail
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life/AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Others Negotiable
San Diego, California
Since 1979, this community health center has been dedicated to respecting the customs, traditions, and values that are central to San Diego's urban American Indian population. They are a welcoming, diverse organization, inviting patients of all tribes, backgrounds, and walks of life into their all-ages environment, where they meet the needs of the entire family. Through their staff of more than 70 employees, they offer on-site medical, dental, and psychiatric/behavioral health services.
This is a full-time staff psychiatrist position, rendering outpatient services to an underserved patient population.
The staff psychiatrist will join a team of therapists, psychiatrists, and substance abuse counselors, providing comprehensive behavioral healthcare in a culturally respectful, whole-person approach.
The psychiatrist's duties include, but are not limited to:
- review available medical records, psychological evaluations, and social case histories
- conduct mental status examinations and report findings in client files
- perform psychiatric and medication evaluations
- collaborate with psychologists and other specialists in developing treatment plans
- participate in clinical staff meetings
- serve as a consultant to psychological, social, educational, welfare, and other agencies
- assist in the evaluation, planning, and development of mental health programs
The clinic uses an EHR.
Many patients are on Medicare or MediCal and the psychiatrist must be comfortable with this population.
There are no nights, weekends, or on-call responsibilities.
- California medical license
- Board Certified, Psychiatry
- at least 1 year of post-training experience