This job is archived
- Psych locum need | ASAP on-going
- BC/BE psychiatrist (non-boarded accepted as well)
- Inpatient 50% / Outpatient 50% | 70% adult / 30% pediatric
- Clinic Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-6pm
- Rotating call schedule for inpatients
- Average daily patients: 12 patients per day
- Acute psychiatric care | Admissions: 2-4 | Psych beds: 27
- 30 min med checks, and 60 min new evals
- Disorders preferred: Anxiety, Affective, ADD/ADHD, Personality, Eating, Developmental, psychotic, organic, ECT
- Familiarity with: involuntary commitments, restraint application
- Safety/Security: locked psych ED, voluntary inpatient unit with mileau management by nurses and masters prepared therapists, security dept with K-9 assistance. Outpatient has on-site management, panic buttons, safety protocol in place for incidents in progress.
- Team: 9 physicians in the group, 3 mid-level, 2 psychologists, with other psychiatrists present during locum tenens coverage
- Support staff: 4 MA's, 4 LCSW's, 7 LPCs, 1 LMFT, 5 practice supports, 3 billing reps, 2 intake coordinators, 2 medical clerks
- May be asked to supervise NP's on inpatient consult liaison service as well as for outpatient LPC's and LMFT's for Medicaid/Medicare billing.
- Transfer protocol: EMTALA from ED, referrals from others go to inpatient unit first, consult order.
- EMR: Dragon dictation capability, Epic
- Credentialing: 90 days (Providence Health Alaska)