Jacobi Medical Center is a modern, state-of-the-art, Level 1 Trauma Center located in an attractive and safe residential Bronx neighborhood just 20 minutes north of Manhattan. It is a North Bronx Healthcare Network hospital affiliated with North Central Bronx Hospital and a teaching site and academic affiliate of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. It offers a full continuum of acute care inpatient and outpatient services in diverse medical and surgical specialties, including psychiatry. The department of psychiatry has 89 adult acute inpatient beds, a CPEP, a Consultation-Liaison Service, an Adult Ambulatory Practice, and a Community-Based Assertive Community Treatment Program. The department employs evidenced-based best practices in providing the highest quality care to its patients, in a patient-centered approach that is respectful of their individuality, culture, and community
The Unit Chief responsibilities will include:
• Overall responsibility for clinical care and educational activities on a 24-bed acute adult inpatient unit, including leadership of a multidisciplinary treatment team
• Represent the Department in all activities related to clinical care and documentation of care, performance improvement, regulatory compliance, resident and medical student education, and continuing surveillance of the professional performance of the clinical staff
• Report to the Director of Hospital Services and the Site Director for Psychiatry
• Conduct staff meetings, team meetings, and clinical conferences; collect pertinent data and complete investigations and reports; and integrate and coordinate the unit’s activities with hospital and department programs (patient care, teaching, research, and community health programs)
• Participate in our innovative integrative care activities.
• 5 years of experience in psychiatric practice, including at least 2 years in a supervisory or admin/leadership capacity
• Eligible for licensure in state of NY
• Board Certified/Eligible in Adult Psychiatry
• Superior leadership, clinical and diagnostic, administrative, interpersonal/communication and team-building skills
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
We offer a generous compensation package along with outstanding benefits!
If you would like to be considered for this position please apply today!