Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
CPEP Director-Jacobi Medical Center
Jacobi Medical Center, the largest public hospital in the Bronx (500+ beds) and a Level 1 Trauma Center, is a major academic affiliate and teaching site of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Recognized as the regional hyperbaric center and regional snakebite center for the tri-state area, Jacobi offers state of the art medical care, delivered with compassion, dignity, and respect. From preventive medicine to cutting-edge specialty services, Jacobi provides first class care in a wide range of services and specialties. As well as a free-standing Department, Behavioral Healthcare Services is widely integrated within the Hospital as a whole.
We are currently accepting applications for a CPEP Director.
Our Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program (CPEP) is a state of the art emergency psychiatry service. The CPEP provides a spectrum of multidisciplinary services designed to meet the needs of our diverse clientele in the most effective and least restrictive manner possible. Our 11,000 square-foot modern service includes separate pediatric and adult waiting areas, patient interview rooms, a patient holding area, and six extended observation beds. The Jacobi CPEP has approximately 700 registrations per month and has an embedded Mobile Crisis Team that makes up to 75 visits per month. Because the Behavioral Healthcare Services Department of Jacobi has large Inpatient, Outpatient and Addiction Services, the patients evaluated in our CPEP are mostly then treated within our continuum of care.
Reporting to the Chairperson, the successful candidate will oversee all clinical and administrative activities within the CPEP, including the delivery of high-quality and effective patient care, continuous performance improvement, community liaison and advocacy and will have an impact on the public health policy of NYC.
Responsibilities will include:
Requirements:Eligible for medical licensure and DEA licensure in the state of New YorkABPN certifiedPreferred Qualifications: 5+ psychiatric ER or CPEP experiencePrevious administrative/leadership experienceYou will receive:
- Directly and indirectly supervising psychiatrists and psychiatric PA staff
- Participating in the management of complex cases in an administrative and consultative role
- Coordinating the scheduling of psychiatric and PA coverage
- Coordinating the collection and analysis of data integral to quality control
- Maintaining a good working relationship with services both within and outside of the department of psychiatry to ensure high-quality care for patients who present to the CPEP
- Reviewing and revising guidelines for standards of care to ensure that the CPEP meets or exceeds OMH requirements
- Taking a leadership role in hospital and corporation quality improvement measures
- Providing leadership in undergraduate medical education, including actively participating in the clinical and didactic teaching of medical students, PA Students, NP Students, and Addiction Fellows
- Working collaborately with the Medical and Pediatric Emergency Departments
- A very competitive salary
- An excellent benefits package
Located in the beautiful Morris Park section of the Bronx, working at Jacobi Medical Center offers a wonderful lifestyle for everyone! Arthur Avenue, Botanical Gardens, City Island and NYC just minutes away! Convenient location near numerous public transportation options. Easy access from both Westchester County, Manhattan, Connecticut, Queens, Long Island, and New Jersey. Parking on campus is plentiful and economical. Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is comprised of over 3,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City. EOE M/F/D/V
- An Academic Appointment at AECOM
- An Academic Appointment with Touro Physician Assistant College
- Opportunities for Departmental Representation via hospital committee work
- Opportunities for Leadership Education
- Opportunities for Research
MEDPATH provides in-house recruitment services for both clinical & non-clinical healthcare organizations. We manage your entire staffing function or can work as an extension of an existing department when extra HORSEPOWER is needed!
We provide full recruitment services from candidate sourcing & screening, site visit management, contract negotiation, relocation coordination, candidate...