This job is archived
The U.S. Army Reserve medical team needs you!
Leverage your expertise to improve the health of our Soldiers and their families. Serving as a Preventive Medicine officer in the U.S. Army Reserve places you in critical role in which you will plan, coordinate and direct programs to maintain health, improve physical fitness, and prevent disease and injury. You will have the opportunity to develop advanced skills, work with industry leading innovative technology, and practice at world-class medical facilities.
The Army Reserve provides you the flexibility and ability to continue your civilian career within your community, serve in uniform part-time, and take part humanitarian and world-wide missions. You will train to become a leader in your specialized field while enjoying the privileges that come with being an officer. Additionally, you can build your military career without concerns about overhead costs and malpractice insurance premiums.
Benefits include an Accession Bonus of $25,000, Student Loan Repayment up to $250,000 (up to $40,000 maximum per year), low-cost life insurance, a competitive retirement investment program with matching up to 4%, and the opportunity to support humanitarian efforts. If you are currently in residency, our Specialized Training Assistance Program is available offering a monthly stipend of around $2,300 while you are enrolled in an accredited residency program.
Army Reserve (Part-time)
- Accession Bonus: Receive a signing bonus of $25,000 a year plus prorated incentive pay (you must have completed an accredited residency program for this benefit)
- Loan Repayment: Receive $250,000 in student loan repayment in $40,000 annual payments to qualifying federal student loans paid directly to the lending institution through the Health Professions Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP).
- Specialized Training Assistance: Monthly stipend while enrolled in an accredited residency program. Recipients must be a U.S. citizen and will serve in the Army Reserve after completing residency.
- Health Insurance: Low cost comprehensive healthcare and dental plans for you and your family.
- Travel opportunities to include humanitarian missions.
- Flexible retirement plan with matching contributions up to 4%- competitive with civilian 401k plans.
Contact me today to discuss options and entry criteria!
CPT John Stuart