This job is archived
Period of Performance: 1 year plus 4 option years
HOURS OF OPERATION VA Business Hours Work hours are defined as Monday through Friday between the hours of 0800 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Possible work every six weeks on Wednesday until 6:30 pm and every sixth Saturday 0800 am- 12:00 pm. No Federal Holidays
The contractor will provide 8 hour shifts.
Scope of Care:
- Direct Patient Care: Provide primary care services supporting a continuum of care from prevention to diagnosis and treatment, to appropriate referral and follow-up.
- Administrative: Quality Improvement Meetings: The contractor’s physicians shall participate in continuous quality improvement activities and meetings with committee participation as required by the VAMC Chief of Service, Chief of Staff, or designee.
- Staff Meetings: The contractor’s physicians shall attend staff meetings as required by the VAMC Chief of Service, Chief of Staff, or designee. Contractor to communicate with COR on this requirement and report any conflicts that may interfere with compliance with this requirement.
- QA/QI documentation: The contractor’s physicians shall complete the appropriate QM/PI documentation pertaining to all procedures, complications and outcome of examinations.
- Specialized CPRS Documentation Procedures: Patient documentation is completed using the Computerized Patient Record System (CPRS). Contractor’s physicians shall document care given and select appropriate Evaluation and Management (E&M) procedure codes in CPRS. Documentation must be sufficient to support both the E&M and procedure codes. Documentation and coding functions must be completed by the end of each patient care encounter.
- Patient Safety Compliance and Reporting: Contractor’s physicians shall follow all established patient safety and infection control standards of care. Contractor’s physicians shall make every effort to prevent medication errors, falls, and patient injury caused by acts of commission or omission in the delivery of care. All events related to patient injury, medication errors, and other breeches of patient safety shall be reported to the COR. As soon as practicable (but within 24 hours) Contractors shall notify COR of incident and submit to the COR the Patient Safety Report, following up with COR as required or requested.
- Customer Service: Contractor’s physicians shall refer all patient/customer service issues to the respective site supervisor and/or the Primary Care Associate Chief of Staff or designee