**Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation opportunity: Augusta, ME**
~ 1 Hr to Portland
~ H1 Eligible
- Physiatry and Pain Management practice located in Augusta, Maine is seeking a board certified or board eligible, full-time general Physiatrist to join their collaborative team of three physicians, four nurse practitioners, a psychologist, RNs and medical assistants
- Schedule: Monday Friday, 8am-4:30pm, including an hour of administrative time daily. Rotating call responsibility once per month.
In this fast-paced, outpatient setting, the qualified candidate will:
- Be able to treat the whole person rather than focusing solely on the area of pain and injury.
- Be able to listen to patients and take the extra time to answer their questions.
- Have a broad knowledge of community resources for physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics, counseling and other medical specialties necessary for comprehensive patient care.
- Work collaboratively with other providers and specialties.
- Work in partnership with the patient to determine realistic short-and long-term goals with patients.
- Be able to work with patients to find relief from pain, achieve successes in rehabilitation or exercise programs, overcome setbacks, and reassess goals when necessary.
- Be knowledgeable about and able to manage controlled substances.
- Be willing to work on the inpatient rehabilitation unit as needed.
- Group offers an array of benefits to include educational loan repayment, CME, paid time off, relocation reimbursement as well as many others.
- Located in scenic central Maine, just a short drive away from ski resorts, lakes and rivers, award-winning golf courses, abundant hiking trails, and the beautiful Maine coast.
- Just an hour north of Portland, Maines largest city, and three hours from Boston.