We have opportunities at our Battle Creek and Wyoming, MI locations.
The PM&RS physician will have working knowledge of outpatient services in physical medicine and rehabilitation including general physiatry, chronic pain, chronic musculoskeletal conditions, sports medicine, and outpatient neuro-rehabilitation.
In addition to education and experience, pay will be based on amount of interventional pain management duties for Wyoming clinic only.
The incumbent will provide general outpatient physiatry such as consultation, follow up and management of outpatient and home base rehabilitation programs. The physiatrist will be available to the primary aligned care team, outpatient therapy and medical specialties for consultation on complex cases. Outpatient peripheral joint injection, ultrasound guided injections including peripheral nerve blocks, and botox. Pain responsibilities include consultative liaison role to pain team, coordination of services between interventional pain, outpatient rehab services and local pain team. Consultative and participating provider role in Medication Assisted Treatment program. Chair of Battle Creek VA interdisciplinary Pain Committee.
Basic responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Providing assessment of physical and functional status of Veteran in the Physical Medicine Clinics.
- Providing assistance to pain team.
- Ensuring that consults requesting Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation services are performed in a timely manner and that the results are made readily available to the referring practitioners.
- Assuming complete professional responsibility for clinical assessments, patient care decisions and documentation.
- Promoting and assuring coverage for telehealth practice and activities.
- Assisting in the design, development and implementation of clinical programs in PM&RS services.
- Provide oversight of students, residents and fellows rotating in PM&R.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday. 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Hours may be rotated or extended based on the needs of the Medical Center and our Veterans.