**Pediatric Intensive Care Medical Director opening in Tulsa, OK**
* Full time, permanent opening
* Employed position
* Seeking a Pediatric Intensive Care Medical Director
* The ideal candidate should be Board Certified in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine with 15+ years of experience, including 10+ years of experience in leadership roles
* The successful candidate will be a leader committed to children's health and advancing the mission of the hospital through education, mentorship, and clinical excellence with a vision towards the development of future program growth
* The candidate must demonstrate a personal style that facilitates communication, collaboration, continuous quality improvement, and trust along with strong leadership, administrative, and management abilities
* Current experience in an ECMO program is required, and cardiac critical care experience is preferred
* The candidate will head an existing group of four pediatric intensivists with a combined experience of over 55 years
* Benefits include a competitive salary with bonus potential, and full benefits package including relocation allowance and recruitment loan
* Vacation is 25 days a year
* Annual allowance for CME is up to $5,000
The children's hospital has 162 beds, 20 PICU beds, and a 50 bed NICU. The PICU has all advanced support modalities including ECMO, CVVH, iNO, and HFOV. Coverage is 24 hours, in-house with home backup support. The PICU is a combined medical and surgical unit with a broad range of patients including trauma and neurosurgery. A CT scanner is in the unit and MRI across the hall. ICU rounds are family-centered and multidisciplinary to include: well-trained PICU nurses, RTs, pediatric PharmD, registered dietician, and Child Life. Teaching opportunities are available with residents from both University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State University continuously rotating through the PICU. General Pediatric floors are staffed by OU and OSU hospitalists.
If you don't know much about Tulsa take a second look to see what life could be like in one of the best-kept secrets of the Southwest!
* 20-minute drive from your office to gorgeous area lakes (Grand Lake, Skiatook & Tenkiller)
* 4 season recreational activities
* Thriving Fine Arts Community & Cultural offerings (Tulsa Opera, Tulsa Ballet, Tulsa Symphony)
* Riverfront development: dining, recreation, and entertainment
* Excellent Public and Private school options- a great environment for families!
* Very low cost of living and crime rate