Southwest Medical Associates (SMA) is a multi-specialty group of physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers.
SMA offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout Southern Nevada. We want to support you in achieving your life’s best work. We are striving to be the leaders in the use of medical technology, informatics, innovation and population management. We have a nurse advice line for urgent night questions. Our group offers many support services for our providers and patients including urgent care centers, E-visits, and telemedicine visits. Generous benefits include sign-on bonus, competitive salary, quarterly bonuses (based on quality metrics), 401K match, employee stock purchase plan, time and stipend for CME, PTO, and malpractice coverage, as noted below.
SMA is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area. Come and see Las Vegas as us locals do; it’s not just the Strip, but outdoor adventures including hiking, biking, camping, boating, and fishing. Las Vegas has an eclectic restaurant scene, theater and arts, no state income tax and reasonable cost of living. Our proximity to California and our proximity to the world via McCarran International airport make Las Vegas an ideal location to live.
Southwest Medical Associates is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
We are seeking a full-time BC/BE general Pediatrician to join our group.
Pediatricians provide comprehensive, coordinated care to a broad range of pediatric patients (Newborn- 18 years) with diverse pathological conditions. Skills and experience in preventative healthcare, ethical issues, diagnostic test interpretation, physical examination, procedures, pharmacological and physical therapies, medical interviews, psychological and physiological child development issues. Training and experience in treating pediatric patients with acute and chronic medical conditions in outpatient settings is required.
Physician must be willing to work in various Las Vegas area clinics as needs demand.
- Patient office visits including exams, procedures and prescription of therapies
- Attend and share Level One nursery rounding and call (no attendance of deliveries)
- Provide clinically appropriate clinical, compassionate, and effective treatment for health problems and health prevention
- Ability and willingness to provide appropriate education and consultation with subordinates in either inpatient or outpatient settings
- Active unrestricted Nevada medical licensure in Pediatrics
- Maintenance of active privileges with no restrictions at hospitals that Southwest Medical Associates has selected
- Competency in procedures selected to be performed as specified in SMA delineation of privileges
- Demonstrated training and knowledge to perform major responsibilities listed above
- Interviewing techniques with special emphasis on behavioral, psychosocial, and family unit issues
- Diagnosis and management of acute episodic medical illness commonly encountered in pediatric populations
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute problems associated with chronic disease, such as asthma and diabetes, in conjunction with specialty providers, when indicated
- Familiar with principles of discharge planning and continuity of care
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Board certified or Board Eligible in Pediatrics
- Active and unrestricted medical license in the State of Nevada or ability to obtain
- DEA License or ability to obtain
We offer patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health. Our employees work with professionalism, as manifested through a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
We run a systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.
We offer an attractive base salary, sign on bonus, quarterly bonus plan, and comprehensive fringe benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD/LTD, professional liability, matching 401K, relocation costs, paid vacation, paid CME with $3500 allowance, and eight company paid holidays. Differential for supervision of extenders.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $211,00 to $296,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Pediatrician, Pediatrics, Physician, Las Vegas, Resident, Nevada, NV