Section Chief of Pediatric Emergency Medicine in Connecticut
The Yale School of Medicine is seeking an outstanding candidate to serve as the next Chief of Emergency Medicine in the Department of Pediatrics. This is a wonderful opportunity to lead a group of outstanding faculty members in their mission of delivering the highest quality care to patients and their families at Yale-New Haven Children’s Hospital. The new Chief will be responsible for sustaining and expanding robust programs in research, education, and quality improvement.
- The candidate should have a record of leadership in the development of clinical services and expertise in the management of acutely ill patients who present themselves to the Pediatric Emergency Department.
- In addition, s/he should have demonstrated excellence in educational contributions, scholarly accomplishments, and mentoring faculty and trainees.
- The successful candidate will have a dynamic personality, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and a demonstrated commitment to a culture of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration.
- A track record of scholarship is required.
- The full-time academic appointment for this position will be at the Associate Professor or Professor level at the Yale School of Medicine in either the Clinician-Educator, Clinician-Scientist, or Traditional Track, depending on the applicant’s qualifications.
The Yale School of Medicine is one of the world’s leading centers for biomedical research advanced clinical care and medical education. It ranks seventh among medical schools receiving funds from the NIH. More than 1,800 Yale Medicine physicians provide care to patients from across the region and around the world. The Yale system of medical education, with its emphasis on critical thinking and independent student research, has produced leaders in every field of academic medicine.
- Located alongside the Long Island Sound, New Haven Connecticut is a charming community offering a remarkable quality of life for all of its residents
- Four distinct seasons and endless opportunities for outdoor recreation, including swimming, sailing, skating, hiking, biking, and golfing
- Excellent public and private schools as well as local colleges and universities
- Convenient access to New York City, Boston, and Providence
- Ranked #15 by Niche in “Most Diverse Cities in America”
BC Pediatric Emergency Medicine
BC Pediatric Emergency Medicine
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Pediatric Emergency Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Urgent Care, Pediatric Urgent Care, Pediatrician, Pediatrics, Pediatric Care, Child Care, Internal Medicine, Internal Care, Physician, Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, Hospital, Medical