Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center on the St. Lawrence River (The Thousand Islands Region) is in the Northeastern Tier of N.Y.S. on the Canadian border (above the snow belt). Ottawa (Canada’s Capital) is 45 minutes away and Montreal is 2 hours away. Both are an integral part of our lifestyle offering diverse cultural, shopping and dining options.
The St. Lawrence River and The Thousand Islands provide crystal clear waters to enjoy water sports. Our close proximity to the Adirondack Mountains and Lake Placid ensure great skiing, hiking and camping. The wine trail for the Thousand Islands starts here and Farmers Markets abound in the area.
Our local school system (K-12) offer strong academic programs, special needs support with a large variety of sports programs and extracurricular activities. Additionally, there are 4 colleges within 30 minute radius.
Housing options include waterfront property; in-town homes and farmland are all affordably priced (even for the new graduate). The reasonable cost of living here allows you to enjoy all this and more (travel, cottage, boat, or even a ski chalet…..).
*Two Physician Couples Welcome
- Dynamic team player wanted, must be BC/BE in Pediatrics.
- Opportunity to join a supportive environment designed to guide your success
- Must be motivated, engaged and committed to providing high quality care and be operationally driven to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency. Willingness to work and live in rural, small community setting; and actively engage with the community.
- Support of a full spectrum of medical specialists available on staff, with additional training available.
- Join a collegial group practice like environment with other pediatricians on site, 18-22 patients per day
- Call 1:3; 1 weekend per month
Offer Package Outline:
- Lucrative Salary base, plus RVU Production Incentive once physician meets MGMA median threshold
- Generous PTO- 240Hrs, plus 7 Holidays and 4 CME Days
Attractive Sign-on Bonus
- Student Loan Repayment Available
- Paid Relocation up to $10,000
- Annual CME allowance up to $4,000
- Malpractice Insurance
Full Benefits Package Includes: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance and Eligibility to participate in the Medical Center’s retirement plans.