- Dictate or administer treatments, therapies, medications, immunizations, and other medical care to treat or prevent illnesses, diseases, disorders, or injuries in infants, children, and adolescents.
- Order, perform, and interpret diagnostic tests and document all services in patient’s medical record.
- Provide detailed explanations of treatment course options to patients and parents, involving them in care while mitigating their fears.
- Guide and counsel children and their parents or guardians concerning diet, hygiene, disease prevention, and essential activities for the treatment of complications.
- Analyze patients, evaluating their physical and mental growth and development.
- Collaborate on care delivery with staff, other physicians, and management in both service and patient care improvements.
- Ensure that proper patient documentation is timely, accurate, complete, and is compliant with office, hospital, and government entities.
- Work with practice management to ensure proper compliance with billing, coding, and CPT code assignment.
- Participate in the development of medical services, including protocols, standard procedures, and management of patient care activities.
- Participate in on call duties to provide back-up coverage for and oversight of inpatient pediatric APC hospitalists in the newborn nursery, inpatient pediatrics, and for ED consultations.
- Doctor of Medicine, or equivalent course of study abroad.
- Valid New York State Medical License.
- Completion of three-year Pediatric residency.
- American Board of Pediatrics certified or eligible.
- Valid DEA registration and Controlled Substances Certification.
- Valid PALS certification.
- Ability to work day, evening, night shifts, and weekends as needed.
- Background and reference checks, and drug testing required.
Thank you for your consideration. Please let me know if you have an interest in this location/opportunity and I'll facilitate getting you additional information.
PPR Search Consultant [Register to View] [Register to View]