This job is archived
- Gather health history, examine, diagnose, and treat illnesses, evaluate health status, initiate preventive and therapeutic measures.
- Carry a patient caseload consistent with health system s goals and external mandates for quality of care and productivity.
- Complete all necessary documentation, including adequate and legible progress notes in the medical record.
- Take responsibility for reports of the patient's laboratory, radiology and other studies, providing appropriate and timely management and continuity of care.
- Refer patients to other primary care and specialty services within the health system.
- Assist in peer review chart audits and other appropriate quality improvement activities.
- Maintain professional competence through participation in conferences, CPR and ACLS/PALS training, and continuing medical education activities.
- Educate non-physician staff by imparting understanding of the rationale and methods of diagnostic and therapeutic activities.
- Practice accepted infection control measures in accordance with the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standards, and Center Policies and Procedures.
- This position is part-time, 1 day a week, 8 hour shift
- Completion of an approved Pediatric Residency Program.
- Valid NYS license and current registration.
- BC/BE in Pediatrics.
- Experience in community-based medicine, preferred.