Pediatric Hospitalist opportunity in Ahoskie, NC
Located 60 miles from Norfolk, VA; 60 miles from Greenville, NC
Hospital in Ahoskie, NC are seeking a board eligible or board certified Pediatric Hospitalist to join its Hospitalist team. Inpatient experience is preferred. The successful candidate will also provide outpatient care in a primary/immediate care clinic located near the hospital. New graduates and Visa candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Employment by Medical Group
- 7 on 7 off schedule
- 10 OB/GYN, antepartum and postpartum beds, 3 pediatric beds, 13 newborn cribs and 2 level 2 newborn beds
- 350 deliveries annually
- Level 2 nursery
- Ability to live on the beautiful Chowan River
- Excellent compensation and benefits
- Relocation assistance provided
- Must be PALS and NRP certified
Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group sponsored by large health network, employs more than 500 providers in more than 90 locations, offering primary and specialty care. The group provides the infrastructure and leadership needed to manage a modern medical practice including processes for billing and collection, group contracting, electronic medical records and other technologies.
Hospital is a 114-bed community hospital located in Ahoskie. Serving four nearby counties, the hospitals 15-bed emergency department serves approximately 21,000 patients per year. This modern facility provides a wide range of health services, including medical, surgical and radiation oncology. In addition, Wound Healing and Pain Management centers serve as referral centers for neighboring hospitals and providers.
Known as a trading center of northeastern North Carolina, Ahoskie offers a variety of professional options and affordable lifestyles. In addition to this Hospital, it includes the East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine satellite clinic, a federally qualified health center and. community college. Chowan University is just a few miles away. Friendly neighborhoods conveniently near the hospital, vast country acreage and waterfront homesites are just a few lifestyle options. Ahoskie is located less than 100 miles from the Outer Banks, one of the most popular tourist destinations in the country. It features:
- A desirable climate with mild winters and four distinct seasons ideal for outdoor enthusiasts
- Outstanding recreation nearby including golf courses, community theater, water sports, hunting, camping, fishing, community and state parks
- General aviation airport nearby; one hour to major airports in Norfolk and Greenville
- Wellness Center Ahoskie, a 21,000-foot facility which includes a lap pool, an exercise studio and the latest in cardiovascular and strength training equipment
- Recreation Center which includes little league baseball, lighted athletic fields and picnic area