First Physicians Group of Sarasota Memorial Health Care System is seeking a Board-Eligible or Board-Certified Pediatrician from an accredited ACGME training program to join an established, growing practice with an excellent reputation within the Venice, Florida community. The qualified candidate will join a team of two highly skilled and collegial board-certified pediatricians who are looking for a partner that shares their “patient first” mission of delivering care and exhibits strong interpersonal skills.
- Full-time position with practice hours of 8am – 5pm.
- The outpatient clinic runs Monday through Friday.
- Physicians see approximately 20-25 patients per day once established in the practice.
- Equitable call schedule of 1:5 to include newborn nursery rounding.
- Pediatric Hospitalists cover patients admitted (Sarasota Memorial Hospital)
The practice is supported by a dedicated team of staff and within close proximity to SMH-Venice.
Opened in October 2021 and already undergoing phase 1 expansion. A state-of-the-art 110-bed hospital, to include ten dedicated Labor, Delivery, and Recovery Rooms, a 25 bed Emergency Care Center and 8 surgical suites with a daVinci Xi.
- Employment contracts include a generous guaranteed salary along with excellent comprehensive benefits – Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 403B Retirement Savings Plan, Vacation, Holidays, CME, and much more.
- Relocation Assistance and a commencement bonus are provided.
- We are a not-for-profit entity. Physicians can participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program if employed by FPG.
- As an employee of a public, State of Florida organization, physicians are entitled to sovereign immunity.
Venice, Florida, aptly named one of Coastal Living’s “Best Places to Live on the Coast” in 2020 and “Happiest Seaside Towns in America” in 2015.
Once a fishing and farming community, this city in the heart of Sarasota County has blossomed into not only a vacation destination, but also a place to live year-round where families go to the beach to hunt for prehistoric shark teeth, shop through the revitalized downtown, bike around the Venetian Waterway Trail and go fishing at the Venice Pier. It is an ideal location for a pediatric practice.