UPMC Cole, a modern, progressive non-profit healthcare system is seeking a Pediatrician who thrives being part of a small, well trained and experienced medical staff. The ideal candidate will settle into the close-knit, rural community along with a team-oriented and highly esteemed group of physicians. The physician must have an MD or equivalent, be board certified or board eligible in Pediatrics with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. H1B and J1 visa sponsorship available.
- Join a group of two Pediatricians, a Physician Assistant, mental health professional, dental hygienist and clinical/clerical support staff.
- Clinics are open days with flexible hours
- Patients are supported off hours by Express Care and the ED and the provider on call.
- Two very busy established practices
- Outpatient & Inpatient
- Workload is expected to be between 350-400 encounters per month.
- Approximately 220 to 250 deliveries per year (Pediatrician on-call attends these if requested by OB/GYN.)
- We usually have 0-3 babies in the nursery, rarely any inpatients. Very sick children and infants are usually transferred to a children’s hospital.
What we Offer
- Strong compensation packages with production incentives
- Relocation reimbursement stipend is negotiable
- Signing bonus is negotiable based on initial term
- Retention bonus is negotiable (Candidate must extend contract commitment for at least two additional years past the initial term)
- 6 weeks per contract year are allotted for vacation, holidays, CME and personal time off
- Occurrence based Malpractice Insurance
- Health Insurance is available for the Physician and dependents with routine employee participation
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurances are provided as well as Life Insurance
- 457(B) and 403(B) Retirement plans are immediately available with an employer match for the 403(B) program
- Professional association/ society dues/ reimbursement for CME up to $6,000/year if approved by Hospital
- Legal Assistance with visa, if needed
About UPMC Cole and UPMC
- UPMC Cole is a 25-bed critical access hospital is a modern facility located on a large, well-maintained campus and represents the majority of medical and surgical specialties.
- The hospital is equipped with four newly built or renovated operating rooms, ten obstetrics suites, a six bed ICU, a newly constructed ten bed emergency department and a 44-bed long-term care facility.
- Due to its remote location, the hospital has transfer arrangements with multiple facilities that are within a 20-minute helicopter flight.
- This high-quality and fiscally-sound facility includes a clinically-sound staff, centered on excellent patient care.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- Located in North Central PA, Coudersport lies in a valley at the headwaters of the Allegheny River
- Family, friendly rural community with an affordable cost of living
- The town is home to many famer's markets, museums, artisan centers
- Abundant outdoor activities including ski resorts for skiing and snowboarding, fishing park, horseback riding tours, state parks, and numerous golf courses
- Major cities within two hours include Pittsburgh, PA, Rochester, NY and Buffalo, NY
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lori Leo, [Register to View]
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, [Register to View] package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.