As a part of the Optum Care network, ProHealth Physicians is seeking a Pediatric physician to join our growing team in Connecticut with multiple practice locations available. At Optum, we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing Physician-led care locally. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
- 31 hour work week
- Physician-led, patient centered team-based environment
- Three-year salary guarantee
- No mandatory call
- 1:1 MA to provider ratio
- Provide care across the continuum, focusing on value-based care & time with patients
- Moderate scheduling templates
- Partnership with solid Advanced Practice Clinicians and care teams
What makes an Optum organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their license
- We recognize that if you want to provide good care and do it well, you can’t do it alone - this is the foundation of the team-based care model
- The culture is one of clinical innovation and transformation
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community of our local care organizations
Compensation & Benefits Highlights:
- Competitive compensation - salary guarantee, quality and productivity bonus incentives
- Dedicated CME time and allowance
- Robust retirement package including employer funded contributions
- Loan repayment support programs
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Company paid malpractice insurance and tail coverage
- Physician partnership & incentive opportunities with Optum
About ProHealth Physicians:
ProHealth Physicians, a part of OptumCare, is Connecticut’s leading health care delivery organization. ProHealth is focused on reinventing health care to help keep people healthier and feeling their best. Our family of primary care providers and specialists care for more than 360,000 people statewide. We are privileged to be trusted by our patients with their health and well-being.
Our premier group currently employs 250 Physicians and 150 APCs in the specialties of family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics, neurology, rhinology, otology, laryngology, facial plastics, gastroenterology, cardiology, sleep medicine, behavioral and developmental pediatrics.
- Unrestricted licensure in the state of (Connecticut) at time of employment
- BC/BE in Family or Internal Medicine
- Active and unrestricted DEA license or ability to obtain prior to start
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
The OptumCare Story:
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving almost 20 million people through more than 64,000 aligned physicians and advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more about our journey [Register to View] .
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player – comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Connecticut Residents Only:
The salary range for Connecticut residents is $211,000 to $296.7800. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.