This job is archived
This privately owned Medical Center is currently searching for a Pediatric General Surgeon to start a new Pediatric Surgery service line. This is a fantastic ground floor opportunity to support the existing Trauma Unit and to lead the hospital in the development of a full service Pediatric Center. Our Pediatric Emergency Department experienced a 14% growth in 2016 with over 9,422 Pediatric ED Visits; and Pediatric admissions of 545. This is a growing community with the largest Pediatric ED market share in the Myrtle Beach area.
• Dedicated Pediatric ED Unit staffed by board certified and board eligible pediatric emergency medicine physicians
• Pediatric Hospitalist and Intensivist service staffed by board certified pediatric critical care physicians 24/7 and an 8-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
• 8+ Pediatricians serve as referral base for ED and for inpatient care.
• Locums will be provided for back up
• We are actively recruiting a number of Pediatric Sub-Specialists to further support this initiative.
• Applicants must be double boarded in General and Pediatric Surgery.
• This will be an employed position with our hospital affiliated practice with competitive compensation and full benefits.
The Medical Center is a level II trauma facility with a diverse patient population to provide emergency medicine residents with an optimal educational experience with over 57,000 ED visits per year. The emergency room encompasses 40 beds. The Medical Center has 229 medical/surgical beds and 40 ICU beds with abundant opportunities for non-trauma resuscitative experiences. The facility has over 49,000 adult and 7,900 pediatric visits over the past calendar year.
Located in Myrtle Beach, the heart of the "Grand Strand," the 60-mile stretch of coastline is considered one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the US. The area has been repeatedly recognized as one of the top retirement and tourist destinations in the country. The community is comprised of a myriad of unique neighborhoods that include easy access to golf, the ocean, shopping and entertainment, national caliber live music venues, a local symphony, nationally recognized Botanical Garden (Brookgreen Gardens), minor league baseball, water parks, outlet shopping, international airport, fishing, boating and 2,500+ restaurants.
For more information, please [Register to View]