Our team of physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists is committed to helping each child reach their reach their maximum level of independence in self-care, mobility, communication, cognition and socialization.
Our specialists coordinate care with a multidisciplinary team that includes other pediatric specialists, nurse practitioners, rehabilitation nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, neuropsychologists, social workers, care managers, child life specialists, dietitians, respiratory care practitioners and other professionals dedicated to pediatric healthcare.
Our expert team offers comprehensive, high-quality care to children and their families across the continuum, including acute inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services.
The goal of Rehabilitation Services is to:
- Provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services for children and their families.
- Maximize the abilities of each individual while minimizing the effects of disabilities.
- Restore a positive self-image and maximum level of function.
- Our 20-bed unit is accredited as an Inpatient Rehabilitation Pediatric Specialty Program by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). CARF Accreditation is an internationally recognized award that is given to organizations that demonstrate commitment to providing the highest quality care and services.
- An interdisciplinary team with specialized training in caring for children that is dedicated to one goal – a safe and successful transition back to home, school/work and community life.