A small healthcare provider located several hundred miles west of Anchorage, AK is seeking a full-time, permanent Outpatient based Pediatrician. up to $12,500 in relocation assistance, $70,000 sign-on bonus, +6% Retention Bonus, and Loan Repayment Potential Through IHS, NHSC, or SHARP
Salary: $115.58 to $144.48/hour
The Staff Physician shall be committed to contributing to the Mission of the healthcare provider to achieve the greatest possible improvement in the health status of the people of the region. The Staff Physician is an employee working under the supervision of the Medical Director who is, in turn, supervised by the Clinical Services Administrator.
About the provider:
We serve 58 federally recognized Tribes and operate 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55-bed regional hospital in western Alaska.
Outpatient Physician - Pediatrics Job Description:
- The Pediatric Physician would serve in an outpatient setting that is affiliated with the health group.
- The pediatrician will serve within a frontier & remote setting that provides for a high Native-American population.
- 12-16 patients per day
- No call; no weekends
- A new, modern facility opened in 2019
- 30 days of free housing.
- Must have completed an accredited medical school.
- Must have completed a residency training program and be board eligible or board certified (unless a specific exception is made) by the appropriate board of the American Medical Association or the American Osteopathic Association.
- Must have Alaska State License and DEA License.
- Must have the computer skills needed to access computerized medical records.
- Needs the skills and knowledge to practice medicine in the area of their specialty.
- Will consider 2020 Pediatrician residents
- Board Certification in Pediatrics
Hospitalist Physician - Pediatrics Benefits:
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Relocation assistance (up to $12,500)
- $115,000 student loan repayment via NHSC
- Sign-on Bonus (up to $70,000 with 3/yr commitment. $35,000 with 2-year commitment.)
- Retention Bonus (ranges from 6% - 9.10% depending on the year.)
- 23 days of PTO and 10 paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Employee Medical and Dental paid 100%
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
- No state income tax and permanent fund dividend after a full calendar year of Alaska Residency
- Great fishing, hunting, and wildlife! Perfect for those who love the outdoors, and want to get away from the city.
- Gorgeous mountains and picturesque Alaskan scenery
- Amazing rural, remote community west of Anchorage.
- Truly a unique experience that can't be duplicated.
- Regional Airport with easy access to Anchorage
- Some of the best fishing in North America and several other outdoor activities
- Excellent shopping and dining that are all locally owned and operated