- Experienced Pediatric Hospitalist
- Inpatient only
- A medical Directorship is available for the right candidate
- Handle pediatric admissions, attend deliveries, manage the NICU and be available for pediatric consults when needed
- Share call with five full-time pediatricians.
- Manage the care of infants 32 to 40 weeks in Level II NICU
- The hospital is developing a neonatal intensive care unit to serve approximately 300 families per year currently traveling to Asheville for services. The establishment of a NICU follows a $5.5 million renovation of the mother-baby and labor and delivery units, significant technological upgrades to fetal monitoring and respiratory equipment, advanced training of nursing (AWHONN) and lactation (IBCLC) staff, the addition of a pediatric NP for inpatient care, and the recruitment of a fifth pediatrician, a third OB/GYN and four CNMs in the last year.
- Absolutely beautiful mountainous location in Western North Carolina.
- Less than an hour from Asheville and 1.5 hrs to the attractions of Gatlinburg, TN!