UPMC Childrens Hospital is recruiting a Pediatric Gastroenterologist for Erie, PA at UPMC Hamot. The physician must have an MD or equivalent, be board certified or board eligible in Pediatrics and Pediatric Gastroenterology with the ability to obtain an unrestricted PA license. H1B visa sponsorship available.
- Eight clinical/procedure sessions per week seeing 7 patients per session
- Initially outpatient and procedures with the plan to grow to inpatient consults
- Growing practice, with 1 MD already onsite
- Opportunity to build your subspecialty
- Cerner EMR
What we Offer
- Relocation assistance
- CME allowance of $4,000 plus 2 weeks
- Four weeks PTO plus holidays
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience plus lucrative RVU based incentive bonus
- Outstanding benefit package including health, dental, vision
- Excellent retirement matching benefits from both UPP and University of Pittsburgh
- UPMC Advantage Gold health plan
- Tuition benefits to attend University of Pittsburgh for faculty dependents
About UPMC Hamot and UPMC
- UPMC Hamot is a 423-bed non-profit hospital in Erie, PA, offering a full complement of inpatient and outpatient services, and serves as a regional referral hub
- Level II Trauma Center
- Supported by over 650 physicians and nearly 4,000 dedicated employees, UPMC Hamot’s mission is to serve its patients, communities, and one another in the UPMC Hamot tradition of quality, health, healing, and education
- UPMC Hamot’s superior health care services are continually recognized by notable accrediting bodies.
- UPMC is a $23 billion world-renowned health care provider and insurer based in Pittsburgh, PA
- 92,000 employees, including 4,900 physicians
- Over 40 academic, community and specialty hospitals
- Over 800 doctors’ offices and outpatient sites
- UPMC is inventing new models of accountable, cost-effective, patient-centered care
- Closely affiliated with University of Pittsburgh, ranked among the top 10 recipients of National Institutes of Health research funding since 1998
About the Community
- The state’s fourth largest city is situated on Lake Erie
- Presque Isle State Park is a peninsula with miles of hiking and biking trails and the only surf beaches in PA
- Abundant with theater, orchestra, museums and parks including Wintergreen Gorge featuring several waterfalls and a breathtaking vista
- Stroll down The Great Lakes Seaway Trail and explore over 25 wineries
- Three universities and Penn State’s leading engineering branch, Behrend
- Very reasonable cost of living
- Family-oriented community
- Welcoming, vibrant neighborhoods
- World-class downtown and bayfront
- Diverse cultures
- Conveniently situated at the intersection of the Northeast and Midwest with close proximity to Cleveland, Buffalo, Niagara Falls, and Toronto.
Interested candidates should send their CV to Lori Leo, [Register to View]
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
Individuals hired into this role must comply with UPMC’s COVID vaccination requirements upon beginning employment with UPMC.
More than just competitive pay and benefits, [Register to View] package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.