Assistant Professor or higher- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
Org Level 1
Texas Tech Unv Hlth Sci Ctr El Paso
Contributes to the university’s mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit
Up to 25%
- Provides comprehensive care for seriously ill newborns, infants, children and adolescents or those needing a high-level of monitoring in a pediatric intensive care unit
- Supervises medical students, residents and advanced practice professionals in the clinical setting
- Participates in the education of medical students and residents
- Conducts research and scholarly activities within the Department of Pediatrics
- Ensures compliance with HIPPAA and billing regulations
- Demonstrates Professionalism in accordance with the Paul L. Foster School of Medicine’s Declaration of Faculty Professional Responsibility
Minimum Hire Rate
salary commensurate with related education, experience and/or skills
Monthly schedule will be determined by the Division Chief
- Bilingual (English and Spanish preferred)
- Experience in teaching Pediatric Critical Care Medicine to medical students and residents in clinical and classroom settings
- Training or experience managing patients on Extracorporeal life support, and in Trauma, Neurological, and Cardiac Critical Care
- Emerging or established regional or national reputation for the rank of associate professor or higher
- Board Certification in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine by the American Board of Pediatrics
HSC - El Paso
Professional License or Certification, Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
- M.D./D.O. degree or foreign equivalent
- Successful completion of an ACGME-accredited Pediatrics Residency Program
- Successful completion of an ACGME-accredited Pediatric Critical Care Medicine Fellowship Program
- Texas license or eligibility for licensure in Texas
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
Please click on the link below to apply for this position.
A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!