One of the nation’s leading children’s hospitals, located among the nation’s most sought after destinations, is actively seeking a PEDIATRIC CARDIOLOGIST with a primary interest in FETAL CARDIOLOGY to join Wolfson Children’s Hospital in Jacksonville, FL.
Wolfson Children's Hospital of Jacksonville, Florida is the only full-service tertiary hospital for children in the region, serving North Florida, South Georgia and beyond. As an employee of Wolfson Children’s Hospital the successful physician candidate will have an opportunity to practice in a robust pediatric cardiology practice.
- Board certified or board eligible in Pediatric Cardiology
- Successful completion of an accredited pediatric cardiology fellowship
- Able to obtain an active and unrestricted medical license in Florida
The ideal candidate will have expertise in transthoracic, transesophageal and fetal echocardiography with an emphasis on fetal echocardiography. The successful candidate will work closely with perinatology to refine prenatal evaluation and diagnosis of fetuses suspected to have congenital structural or acquired fetal heart disease, provide prenatal treatment as appropriate, counsel parents, coordinate the time and place of optimal delivery, and collaborate with other cardiologists and congenital heart surgeons on a plan of treatment after birth. Requires expertise in transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography and specifically able to support the congenital heart surgeons in the operating room with transesophageal echocardiography.
In-patient care for congenital heart patients at Wolfson Children’s Hospital is provided in a 12 bed dedicated Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. Two (2) state of the art cardiac catheterization laboratories host over 220 cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology studies per year.
Recognized year after year as one of America's Best Children's Hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, Wolfson Children’s Hospital of Jacksonville brings world-class pediatric care close to home for Florida, Georgia and Alabama families.
The Terry Heart Center Team at Wolfson Children’s Hospital proudly provides the most advanced cardiac care for a wide-spectrum of conditions.
As the only full-service tertiary hospital for children in the region, Wolfson Children’s provides care for the full spectrum of pediatric conditions — ranging from the most common to the rare and medically complex — in a family-centered environment designed around children’s unique needs.
Wolfson Children’s Hospital is a member of the UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh’s Heart Institute network. The collaboration with UPMC is designed to enhance and expand specialized pediatric cardiac care for children in the North Florida/South Georgia region, as well as the entire Southeastern United States.
Baptist Health is an equal opportunity employer who recognized the value of a diverse faculty, we demonstrate daily our strong commitment to promoting and ensuring diversity and inclusion.
World-Famous Quality of Life and Regional Appeal
- Northeast Florida is alive with over 1,100 miles of beaches and waterways, 80,000 acres of parks and trails, a strong and prosperous economy, multiple professional sport teams, championship tennis clubs, world-renowned golf courses and diverse cultural experiences
- The area serves as home to some of the Sunshine State’s best cost of living and the nation’s most sought after quality of life
- Immediately within reach are world famous destinations, attractions, theme parks, entertainment and recreation for individuals and families of all ages
- Recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as the second most desirable city for relocation in the United States, Jacksonville is a modern and vibrant destination surrounded by the very best that Florida has to offer
- The Saint Johns County School District is the #1 ranked School District in the state of Florida
- Florida has no state income tax